In this blog I’ll pick a fabulous food find and link it to a recipe or restaurant that proves it can be affordable, appetizing, and convenient. Most of all, I’ll show you why these finds stand out as something you've just got to try. As a special bonus you'll get tips and tricks so you can work with these great finds at home too. I’m here to bring you the deliciousness that already exists.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dole chopped salad kits-practically a meal in a bag

I've been buying these salad kits for months now, so I thought it fitting to share with you my favorite, easy, go to lunch that is tasty and best of all, inexpensive!

Dole chopped salad kits come in a variety of flavors. The ones I've tried consist of: 

Bacon blu
BBQ ranch
Sunflower crunch
Asian mix
Chipotle cheddar

What I love about these bags is that they are almost a full meal. You basically only need to add some extra protein. 

In the bag comes a plentiful serving of chopped cabbage, lettuce, kale and scallions. Then there is usually a baggy of ingredients matching the flavor, like crumbled bacon, sunflower seeds, cheese, or taco strips and fried onion. Along with those goodies you get a generous packet of delicious dressing that compliments the meal; there is always more then needed! 

With the entire bag usually coming in under 600 calories, you really can't beat it. You'll have less calories if you use less dressing and toppings too! 

I can usually find these bags on sale from $2-$2.50, which is a great price for lunch. If you throw in some cold-cuts, beans, or grilled chicken, your whole lunch can be easily under $5. It's satisfying and filling and it tastes great, so I encourage you to pick up a bag the next time they're on sale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment