In this blog I’ll pick a fabulous food find and link it to a recipe or restaurant that proves it can be affordable, appetizing, and convenient. Most of all, I’ll show you why these finds stand out as something you've just got to try. As a special bonus you'll get tips and tricks so you can work with these great finds at home too. I’m here to bring you the deliciousness that already exists.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Hmart-An Asian Themed Food Market Dream

I was recently talking with a classmate of mine, who took this blogging class with me over the summer. We were talking about our blogging experience over a Thanksgiving catered dinner by our school. As we got into conversation, we started talking about different foods we ate and places we shopped. I had mentioned how much I loved Hmart in Hartsdale, NY because of their wide variety of Asian foods, condiments, and products. I really think I convinced her to give it a try so I thought I'd share why I love Hmart so much in a blog post!



Reasons to shop Hmart:

  • Produce: The produce is always fresh, affordable and inviting. They carry many items that you can't find in regular food stores like Bok Choy, Chinese Eggplant, and large bags of Bean Sprouts.
  • The hot bar: Yum... If you're in a pinch and need a quick meal, the hot bar is the place to hit. They feature many common foods like fried rice, dumplings, and teriyaki chicken. You serve yourself, weight it and pay up front. I often grab a few dumplings as a snack and then browse some of the packaged food that they've setup to go already. (the salads with orange ginger dressing rock!) 
  • Seafood selection: Have you ever been to a fish market? Well I haven't but I imagine this is what one looks like. The seafood selection at Hmart is outrageous. There are so many varieties of fish to choose from. They even have big tubs of shrimp to self scoop.
  • Condiment aisles: There has to be at least 2000 different Asian products available for purchase. I love to cook Asian inspired food so this is the exact thing I need. There are all different sauces to choose from like Oyster Sauce, Korean BBQ flavors, and spicy chili pastes.
  • The bakery: There's a bakery in there? not just a regular bakery county, but some awesomely fresh french pastries. 
  • The cafe: Inside the store is a mini eatery. You can leave your shopping cart to the side, order up some tasty bowls of soup or sushi and indulge without even leaving the store! 
My list could go on but it's something you've really just got to experience on your own! When you're in the area, stop over to Hmart in Hartsdale for some awesome food finds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment